Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Enjoying the Drive Part 12

I have been taking a much needed break from the shop for the last month enjoying the outside weather. That's the reason I haven't had much stuff to blog about as far as shop work goes. On the other hand, there's been A LOT of cool cars out on the roads and I have received a bunch of pictures from my friends so here is another installment of "Enjoying the ride". If this is the first post of my blog that you are reading I will explain what "Enjoying the ride" is all about. I have issued a challenge to find cool, unique cars, different automobiles that are out and about driving the streets. I then post all those pictures here and choose my favorite one out of the ones pictured. I give more points to the ones that are actually driving in the pictures.

I found this one at the graffiti drags at Rocky Mountain Raceway. I haven't been a huge fan of this gasser style but I have to admit they are growing on me, a lot.
 More at the drags.
 and yet another one,
and one more. Staggs car club sponsored the graffiti drags and I think some of these cars were from that club. I like this car a lot but I have already posted it in another post so I am not going to add this one to the contest.
I had to speed up to catch this one. Not an easy thing to do in a stock bug but I got it. I love these old wagons and would love to have one for a family car but Dixie wouldn't like it. I actually tried to talk her into letting me fix up a 1957 Chevy station wagon for her daily driver but she wouldn't hear of it. That's OK. She knows that I will buy her any car she wants and at this stage in life, it happens to be a Honda Odyssey. She lets me drive anything I want (and can afford) so it works out.
 Vance found this beauty in Tooele. It looks good but needs to be lowered a bit. If you know me, I think everything can be lowered a bit even if it's lowered already. Ha Ha.
 Here is another one of Vance's. Very, very cool in my book. I have a real soft spot for cars that are still on the road even when they defy all odds. Heck, most of the junk that I drive everyday fits in this category. That must be why I like them so much. This one is rough but ranks very high on my cool meter. This one takes 3rd place in the contest for this week. Vance had an old 1963? Pontiac Grand Prix that he stored at my house for awhile. I had the chance to buy it and passed. I kinda wished I would of bought it, got it running like a top and just drove that thing with the rusty, battered body as it was. It would of been a cool old car.
 Ron found this one and guaranteed that it was a driver. I love the color. Orange being my favorite color! I think this was in Washington DC. I could be wrong on that one though.
Vance is quick with the camera. He found this one in Tooele also. I love the wide whitewalls.
 Vance was admiring this one when his wife asked him if he was going to get a picture of it for the blog. He then remembered to get a shot. Ha Ha. If Dixie is with me I give her my phone and tell her "Quick, get a picture!" She probably gets sick of that. The heads poking out from the top in this picture cracked me up.
 I saw this Jeep and had to get a picture. I think this guy is definitely enjoying his ride. It's a pretty cool Jeep with a cool roof rack and a high lift jack strapped to the hood. I should put a new windshield in my bug. You can see the huge chip in this picture.
My family and I were sitting in Arctic Circle enjoying moose track sundaes and I saw this truck pull in. I fell in love with it and as you can see in this picture Isaac did too. He wants our old international to sit as low as this one is. I think this is sitting perfect. I wouldn't even lower it any more. Ha Ha. This one is 2nd on my list of the coolest cars in this post.
I saved the best for last. I wish I could of seen this T-bird in person. Ron sent me these photos and I liked it the moment I saw them. I knew this one would be a winner. It's funny because I generally don't like this body style of thunderbird  but there's just something about this one.
 I think the only thing I would change about it is the wheels. Otherwise it's perfect and is the winner for this week!
That's it for this post. If you get some good shots of cool vehicles during your commutes and want to participate, post a comment and I will send you my Email address. Until next time remember, Life's too short to drive boring cars!

No comments: