Sunday, October 30, 2011
Well, it seems like Halloween has lasted all weekend at our house and we haven't even had Halloween yet! Between the trunk or treats and parties at the boys school they have been in their costumes all week. At least they are getting some use out of them. Tonight we carved pumpkins. It was a fun time. We are roasting the seeds right now and the pumpkins turned out great. Here is all the fun. It turns out that Steven hates pumpkin guts and Dixie ended up removing most of them from all the pumpkins. Isaac transfers the designs on the pumpkins really good and Ellie didn't really know what to think.
Friday, October 21, 2011
I decided to get the worn front end parts changed on the baja before it gets really cold here. It needs new ball joints, tie rods, shocks and tires. I am really trying to go as cheap as I can on this so I bought ball joints that I am just going to press in. On my lowered bug I bought all new spindle arms that had new ball joints installed in them already so I didn't need to hassle with pressing them out. When all is said and done, I figured it saved me 37 dollars to press them in myself. Doesn't seem like it's worth it but my labor is free and it was an interesting project. If I haven't said it before, this baja is a rusty mess. Everything I look at has rust and the front end was no different.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Well, It's been a really busy couple of weeks and I haven't had much time to work on either bug yet alone update the blog. I finally got some time today to plan a little on the baja between winterizing the sprinklers and trailer. I had to do a lot of shifting around today so I could put the trailer down the side of the house and get the driveway arranged. I had to change the oil on the truck also but I managed to buy the front end parts I need for the baja. I got all 4 ball joints, all the tie rods and picked up a couple o-rings I needed for the engine. I have a leak on the front of the engine and remembered about an o-ring that goes on the flywheel that I forgot to replace while I had it off. Dang it, That means the engine has to come back out. A minor set back but a set back all the same. I am really hoping to have it licensed in October. I am shooting for October so I can space out some of the vehicles registration months. It seems like all our vehicles are do right after Christmas and go until May. Anyways, I have no pictures to post but I will definitely get some during the front end rebuild. I also have a bunch of powder coating to do and hopefully I can get it done in the next 2 weeks. Until then I guess the baja gets to enjoy some garage time but if winter hits really soon, it will get kicked out whether it's done or not.