Well, the idler arm still had some fight left in it. I was able to get the brass bushing in easy enough but I had to buy a Die and chase the threads for the shaft. I tried everything I could to clean them up but I ended up giving in an chasing the threads with a fairly uncommon Die. Anyways here it is with the brass bushing installed and with it in the car. As you can see I had my beautiful wife's hand to liven up the picture.
I am still concerned with the back drums. They are making some horrible noises and I suspect that a wheel bearing is going bad. I need to pull both drums off and make sure they are put together right and look closely at the wheel bearings. I am also going to tweak the engine carb and timing a little bit. It's driving me nuts and that doesn't cost anything. It can run so much better with a little adjustment. Other than some back brake adjustments and a parking brake adjustment it should be good to go. I took some pictures of the super and my bug together. It will show how much I really lowered mine and show you some differences between the 2.