Saturday, December 11, 2010

Finished powder coating the last engine parts!

Well, Today I snuck off in the morning to finish powder coating the last pieces of the motor so we can begin putting it all back together. I had to do black and white. The white is just going to accent a few pieces on the engine. The rest will be black. Here are some pictures.

First to be done is the white. I hung them up on the rack.



                          

 I then hooked the machine up so it would be statically charged.

    
                                    

  I then put the powder on it.
 

And baked it at 400 degrees for 20 minutes
Here is the finished product for the white batch


Then the black batch got done.



I think we are finally ready to start putting the engine back together. Everything is cleaned and painted, all the new seals are in, and the new parts are ready to be installed. Hopefully it goes quick and the bug can be driven again. I know I have missed it something terrible.

No comments: