Friday, October 22, 2010

And the motor comes out!

 Well, I wanted to wait until it got colder but I just couldn't resist pulling the motor on the bug today. The weather was so nice and I really wanted to remove it so I could get a closer look at the throwout bearing and the front oil seal of the engine. It was probably a good thing because I found that the upper left bolt was completely missing! That doesn't seem to be a big deal but when there are only 4 holding the engine on then it does matter. I don't know if it fell out or it was never installed by the guy that put this engine in. Anyways, We are going to take the time to clean/detail and powdercoat the engine while it is out. The engines comes out really easy in a bug. The hardest part is jacking the bug up 3 feet to get it high enough to drop the engine and get it out from under the car. As usual here are some pics.



 


No comments: