Saturday, February 23, 2013

AutoRama 2013 is here at last!

It's that time of year again! The first car show of the year kicked off in Utah this weekend and me and Isaac went to it. It was a really good show this year and we had a great time checking out all the cars.
Here's a few of our favorites from last night. This was a copy of john Melnar's 32 Ford from American Graffiti.
 An old Indy 500 race car from the early 1900's Super cool!
 Isaac got to climb into this race car. Kids his age race these at Rocky Mountain Raceway and other tracks around. Looks like it would be a blast but might be expensive.
 Very nice 36. The metal work on this is amazing. I wish I had that kind of talent.
Gotta love the rusty ones. They are always a hit in my book.
 This is a super clean Chevy. I think it was the best Chevy in the show from the 55, 56, 57 era.
 Cool original woody. Laid Back Garage has a website that you can buy clothes and signs from. Check it out. www.laidbackusa.com
 Isaac doing his best James Dean pose again in front of a 59 El Camino. I love these cars/trucks. My buddy had a 59 in high school that he wrecked and sold for 500 bucks. I should of bought it.
Stags car club out of Ogden had the all time best display that I have ever seen at a car show. This was the front of it. We spent a lot of time checking out all the cool stuff in the display and then all the cool cars they had also. I loved it! I love the old garage look. I am trying to get my garage to resemble the old garages like this display. It was great. If this was the only thing I was able to see all night I would of left happy.
 It was like looking at art. There was cool stuff everywhere. There was even some old wasp nests in the upper portion of the wall. It cracked me up. Blow up these pictures and check out all the cool equipment they brought in. It's all cool old school stuff.
 Still some more of the display. Neat, Neat, Neat!
 Cool old drill press, and other stuff.
I have been having it really bad for these 50's customs. I want a 49 to 51 Ford bad. This merc would be great too but definitely out of my price range. Love the satin black and the flames.
 I would love to drive this everyday. That's the epitome of cool in my book.
 We had to throw in a bug picture. I've been looking for a trailer like this for my bug but haven't been able to locate one. It's a nice little bug.
 Here's a salt flat racer. Isaac was asking if that's real salt.
 This type of Hot Rod is where my interests are headed also. I am really digging the old school hot rods from the good ole days. I like the flat head V8. I think I will have to build one sometime.
So we always choose our favorite car of the show and this one was mine. It's an old school Hot Rod that was absolutely beautiful! Simple, yet amazing! I dig the flat head, the steel wheels and the basic not overly fancy look of the whole car.
 Great Flat Head V8 with just the right amount of chrome and 2 carbs. I am still drooling.
 More pictures of my choice for best of show.
 Nothing Fancy, Just perfect. Perfect in every way.
To the opposite extreme is Isaac's choice for best of show. This one is tricked out to the max. A genuine Ed Roth special. Rat Fink is even driving it. It has cool paint and wild modifications done to it.
 Another shot of Isaac;s favorite.
 I have been trying to come up with a cool logo for Olson's Speed Shop and saw these 3 at the show. I liked them so thought I'd show them here. I actually wanted to name my garage the Salt City Speed Shop but didn't because there already was one in Utah. Here it is on a car. I like the name and their logo is cool.
 Here is another one on the salt flat racer. It's also cool. I wish I had an artistic brain and could come up with one for my shop.
 This one cracked me up. Looks great.
If you have a chance go check out the Auto Rama. It's going on the next 2 days. We had a fun time and it's nice to start off the car show season. It doesn't really feel like it this afternoon because it's snowing like crazy right now but spring is coming up fast. I haven't even done anything on Ed this winter. Oh well, I will get around to it sometime. The next project in the garage is a 2000 Saturn that threw a timing chain. The engine looks to be toast but hopefully it can be saved. See you then!

No comments: